Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tune Into Technology Linky - My First Linky!

I am so excited to participate in my very first linky from Learning To The Core and  iTeach 1:1 .  My first of many I hope.  I am a "tech nerd", so this was perfect.
I love my classroom website! I have worked on it for many years.  I began with our district assigned website but it was very basic, so this year I converted it to a blog/website as I wanted to make it more interactive. Here is the link to my classroom website.  

1 All About You: Future students and parents love to learn about their new teacher before they meet them. 
2. Classroom Information:   Your Schedule, Newsletter, Upcoming Events , Expectations and Helpful Links for Students and Parents
3. Students Creations: One way to get parents involved and aware of the “happening” in your class room is by posting their child’s work for them to see.  (plus the kids love to see each others work also)
4. Student Interactions: This year, I began a weekly student blogger.  Their job was to write a post about our week and add it to the blog.  They loved it.  I plan to add a Guest Tweeter next year!
5. Blogging/Website Etiquette: This is important to have if you are planning to make your website interactive.  


Well, I think that is enough for tonight.  Please leave me a comment as I am very nervous to put my first linky out for the world to see!



7 comments:

  1. Hi! Welcome to Blog World. :) I'm your newest bloglovin follower. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE your classroom blog/website and the fact that it's so interactive. I'm hoping to link up Kidblog to my site this year and will definitely be using your blog as inspiration. I'm excited to have found another great upper elementary blog to follow. Thanks for linking up.:)

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom website/blog is awesome! I have never heard about "snap guide" so I will definitely have to check that out more! I loved your snap guide on "how to have a good year in fifth grade!" How fun! Thanks so much for linking up with us! :)

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brandee Green
    Thank you so much for the comment! I am taking it slow, I really hope I am doing this right. I added a bloglovin button today (yeah me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that site through your school? Either way it is great! I also like your must have and the push for student creations. that just makes it more real.

    Glad you got to join this link up.. There is great information

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mr. Matt
    Yes, it is through my school. We are required to have a website so I decided I wanted to do a blog/website instead. I took all my information from my website & added it to my blog. I believe it's best to keep it all in one place. Easier for parents and me too! Thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kristin Kennedy
    I am also starting Kidsblogs this year. That way they can have a place to showcase who they are. I think given the tools, they will continue to grow on their own and add to their blogs. I am excited!

    ReplyDelete