Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tried It Tuesday Linky - A Healthy Happy Teacher Coming Right Up

Tuesday is here and I am ready to share.  Yeah For Tried It Tuesday brought to you by  Fourth Grade Flipper.
 As a teacher you know how difficult it is to eat healthy during the school year and how boring the same "old turkey sandwich" can be.  This year I have decided to be a healthier (and therefore happier teacher). No more school lunches for this gal. I am saying good bye to my chicken tenders and mashed potatoes days! I am hoping that I can maintain this idea throughout the first month at least ( I need to set small goals). I hate every night when I am thinking "what will I eat for lunch tomorrow?".  Planning out your school lunch can be a pain and  pre-making it can be even worse.  I have been on the look out for new ideas that are easy to put together and yummy to eat. Well I have found one!  It's pre-made with everything included, comes in many flavors and is yummy!
I love CHOPPED SALAD!  If you have never had it, you must try it out!  I am not a big salad eater but there is something about chopped salad with its crunchy crunch crunch that I just love.  So I came across this at HEB the other day.

OMG!! It is so good. Asian Chopped Salad is so full of yumminess!  It has cabbage, carrots, celery, green onions cilantro, wonton noodles, almonds and a ginger dressing,  Now anyone who knows me can tell you I am NOT a big vegetable fan and I would never choose those for a "regular" salad.  There is just something about having it all chopped up that doesn't scare me :)  My family finished off the entire bag that night!  That is a great deal for my household and they requested more.  So as I headed home tonight, I stopped off at HEB again, but to my disappointment there was NO ASIAN!  So I decided to take a chance and try out this one.
Ok, so BBQ chopped salad is a very scary name but I was ready to give it a try. I was feeling adventurous. WOW! it was great, who would know that adding ranch and bbq to a salad could taste so good. I'm telling you it is so worth trying out.  So I am now officially in love with this one and of course they have several other flavors that I need to try out now.  Check them out.

Of course, I am pretty sure I will get bored if I eat them everyday but it is a start and I figure that any vegetable I can get will make for my goal of the Healthier, Happier Teacher! 
  photo Natalie.png

3 comments:

  1. Those look great and right up my alley! I wonder if they sell them in NY. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I hear ya on the cafeteria lunches. Tator tots are my downfall:(
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie!

    Thanks for finding me and following me! I love your blog! It looks so fun. I am just starting out and can't wait to link up to some of the cool linky parties. I like the one you have here about top things for school... in one month I will be in school... where, oh where, has summer gone?!!

    I love these salad ideas. I have never seen that brand but we have some similar and there is a southwest chicken that I love with corn tortilla strips in it!! YUM YUM!!

    Hope your school year starts out smoothly!! The salad is one less thing to have to worry about, too!!

    ReplyDelete