Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Must Have Free App - Pic Collage

I simply love Pic Collage.  It is one of the best apps that I have come across during my iPad adventures. It's uses are endless and the kids catch on so quickly, there is not a lot of time wasted trouble shooting and explaining how to use it.
 At the end of the year, we usually do a memory book with our 5th graders.  This year, I decided to do save a few trees and go totally digital. We created 6 pages total using pic collage and then imported them into Flip Snack. I was so impressed with their growth and techno skills, I am never going back to paper.  Here is one example.


My next Pic Collage adventure did not turn out how I planned, it turned out BETTER!
When we were studying adaptations and animal behaviors, we did an activity where we created unique animals on paper first.  My idea originally was to create a collage with their animal and describe how each of their adaptations effected their animal.  Their project had to include food, defense,shelter and create a name for it.  I had pictured this all in blocks with labels evenly spaced out (that's the organized person in me).  Due to lack of time, I did not show them how I wanted it done, but just gave them they basic directions and requirements.  WOW, I was amazed with what they created.  My initial thought was "OH no, that is not what I was thinking " but they had actually created their own idea and that was really my goal! Have I mentioned how much I love my iPads! Here are a few examples.
                                       



My students loved Pic Collage just as much as I did.  They even used it during their free time.  I love how they were able to express themselves.  Go Pic Collage!

                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment